Tektronix is a place where people are challenged to explore the boundaries of what’s possible, bringing the digital future one step closer every day. Our work accelerates technological breakthroughs that are revolutionizing culture and industry worldwide. Through precision-engineered measurement solutions, we work with our customers to eliminate the barriers between inspiration and realization of world-changing technologies. Realize your true potential at Tektronix – join us in revolutioneering a better tomorrow.
Description: Oversee the entire accounts receivable cycle for the Americas region and drive AR results globally through collaboration with regional team leaders. Direct management over credit team in the Americas (5-10 direct reports), responsibility to set targets and deliver results for AR, DSO, bad debt globally. A key leader in driving working capital results for the company.
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with company financial goals.
- Manage and support accounts receivable team and train new team members.
- Develop & manage an engaged, collaborative, and results oriented collections team.
- Ensure timely collection and application of payments.
- Negotiate with clients in non-payment cases.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual aging reports.
- Establish and track KPIs such as Days Sales Outstanding (DSO).
- Apply daily management principles to engage direct team and global teams in delivering results.
- Maintain and drive continuous improvement in collection policies and procedures.
- Create customer score cards that measure and track behavior patterns.
- Assist in shaping sales force behavior that aligns with the best interest of the organization.
- Manage and track customer deductions and drive the collection of any disputes.
- Stay up to date on industry best practices and drive best practice sharing across regional teams.
- Work in partnership with the IT team and global teams to drive improved reporting processes.
- Make recommendations to improve the quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Sets accurate forecasts and plans for AR, DSO both regionally and globally.
- Develops annual plans and drives clear actions to deliver improved results year-over-year regionally and globally.
- Apply effective, data based, collaborative, and cross-functional problem solving when results are behind target.
- Manager AR close activities.
- Report on AR results and forecast to executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of experience in credit and collections.
- Proven work experience as a manager.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software, Oracle preferred.
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports.
- Ability to accurately process numerical data.
- Managerial skills and experience are a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of D&B reporting is required.
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Results oriented with high standards.
- Ability to hire and develop strong people.
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written.
- Thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
This is a full-time position based in Beaverton, Oregon.
Due to US Department of Commerce export control regulations governing technical data of Tektronix products, Tektronix needs to know the citizenship of all its employees. Note that US Citizenship is not required for most positions. Hired candidates will be asked to bring proof of citizenship (passport, birth certificate, green card, visa or similar) on their first day of work. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check. Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunitie