The Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for the billing and collections operations of customer accounts. They ensure that each AR function operates with the
greatest efficiency to achieve a positive impact on DocuSign's financial metrics. Collaboration with business partners, including Revenue, Sales and other operational teams, is key to providing the best customer service reflective of DocuSign's core values.
This position reports to the Director of Revenue.
- Manage the complete Billing and Collections functions ensuring all activity is processed accurately and timely
- Lead the AR Teams in providing excellent customer service and support while serving as a role model and mentor for team members
- Identify and implement efficient processes and resourcing across the billing and collections teams to achieve the best outcomes for the company's financial metrics
- Continually review and drive operational improvements, including working with business partners, key stakeholders and other departments
- Conduct regular AR meetings, training and education both to the AR team and other key departments
- Participate in the development of AR policies and procedures to be used to develop training and end user manuals
- Ensure compliance with appropriate accounting policies, business processes and controls
- Participate in the financial statement close, audits and manage the process of meeting the deadlines and requirements for billing and collections related areas
- Prepare or review month-end reconciliation for AR related balance sheet accounts
- Provide timely reports for month-end reporting package, regular management reports and ad-hoc data and metrics as needed by the business
- 5 years or more of accounting experience, predominantly in billing or collections in a SaaS company, preferably involving subscription and recurring revenue cycles
- Financial management or supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Accounting qualifications
- ERP system use Experience of SFDC, Zuora, NetSuite or Oracle
- Strong experience with MS Excel
- Evidence of multi-tasking, working under pressure and meeting required deadlines
- Demonstrable strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume and rapidly growing environment
- Excellent attention to detail