ASP is a leader in infection prevention - helping facilities prevent healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and in creating the safest possible environments for patients and their families, healthcare workers, providers and communities.
Every day, millions of people around the world visit a healthcare facility. It may be a mother giving birth, a grandfather receiving routine treatment or a parent visiting a sick child. What they all have in common is the desire to leave the hospital as healthy or healthier than when they arrived. But sadly HAIs are increasing around the world.
Welcome to ASP - a company dedicated to designing and delivering innovative infection prevention technologies to improve patient care.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Receivable & Credit Manager is responsible for managing the credit and receivables teams, policies, and practices to ensure timely collections, manage and monitor credit risk, and improve efficiencies in existing processes and use of systems. The AR Manager is also in a unique position to help design and test the SAP ERP System.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage past due accounts, preparing and communicating reconciliations and reports on high risk accounts. Facilitate actions for resolution in coordination with Sales team.
- Drive, track and countermeasure DSO ensuring timely collection of payments
- Develop policies & procedures as it pertains to collections & credit reviews
- Assist and help ensure timely month-end and year-end close and assist in the annual audit; prepare monthly Accounts Receivable related accruals, journal entries and general ledger reconciliations.
- Create and manage the processing of manual billings, adjustments, cash application, check deposits, Proof of Delivery reconciliation, short pays, non-trade deductions and price discrepancy reconciliation.
- Review and determine credit limits and payment terms on new domestic and international customer accounts.
- Establish departmental goals supporting company financial objectives and initiatives
- Manage direct staff and provide development plans and performance reviews
- Coordinate and communicate with our Sales and Customer Service teams to ensure timely, and accurate transaction recording and customer reconciliation support
- Prepare Letters of Credit, as required
- Drive productivity improvements in the Accounts Receivable Team utilizing Fortive Business System tools with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Increase organizational capability through training and development of AR Specialists.
- Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments
- Ensure accurate application of cash
- Stay updated on industry and legislative changes
- Act as shared service for offices in Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand
- Other duties as assigned
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 7+ years of Accounting Experience, preferably in Accounts Receivable and Credit Management experience with 2+ years management experience.
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles and Internal Controls
- Experience interfacing with internal and external auditors
- Familiarity with major ERP and accounting systems (SAP Preferred).
- Advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills with a high level of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of maturity, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Strong oral and written communication skills