Position: Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist
Location: Detroit /MI
· Responsible for customer collection activity, which will include:
· Analysis of Accounts Receivable aging’s.
· Contact with customers to obtain payment information and/or commitments on past due items. Processing and verification of timely and accurate invoicing / statements. This will require a working knowledge of Oracle to input data and/or process transactions.
· Problem solving and appropriate resolution of disputed amounts with customers, utilizing strong customer service skills.
· Coordinate with internal plants on disputed items and documentation requests.
· Implementation of process improvements identified during the collection process.
· Weekly reporting of delinquent account activity to management.
Preparation of customer credit analysis, including:
· New and existing customer financial reviews and analysis.
· Periodic customer analysis, including customer payment trends and recommendations for credit limits/actions, if necessary.
· Reports related to customer sales or collection activity, as requested.
· Make recommendations on credit and collection policies and practices
Responsible for various tasks within the Accounts Receivable department, which will include:
· Month-end financial close process assistance.
· General ledger account reconciliations.
· Cash application.
· Printing, mailing, emailing, faxing invoices and statements to customers.
· Assist with Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 testing documentation.
· Assist with various analyses and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Undergraduatedegreerequired. Majors preferred in business, accounting or finance.
• Experiencerequired in the following areas; 3years preferred:
· Credit Analysis
· Invoicing and collections activity
· ERP experience -Accounts Receivable modules (Oracle preferred)
· Understanding of manufacturing processes/departments, EDI processes
· General ledger account reconciliations
• Effective professional written and oral communication skills.
• Strong decision-making, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient PC skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Access, Word) - above average skills a plus.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Self-motivated, resourceful and detail oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with teams.