Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide production support or technical support to users of a customized or proprietary application. May act as lead.
- Allocate work to staff, plan, communicate, evaluate and manage performance by staff. Assess needs for technical development of staff and provide formal or informal training opportunities to staff.
- Confer with management of client groups using application(s) supported by group and assess uptime, productive use of application, and needs for further development or enhancements to make application more useful.
- Plan and conduct regular or periodic meetings of staff responsible for maintaining applications in production to assess issues or bugs and plan strategy for addressing them.
- Plan, contribute to, or conduct projects for testing software enhancement, developing requirements for system enhancement, revision or development of application, or related projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 4 years' experience on Unix platforms
- Demonstrate experience in planning and execution of change, problem, incidents, production processes, controls and service requests
- Expertise in a broad array of specialized areas such as infrastructure systems, enterprise applications such as autosys, monitoring tools, databases, middleware, cloud tools, etc.
- Demonstrate experience in problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to interpret complex issues with technical verbiage and terms and communicate in easily understandable terms
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills and ability to work under very aggressive deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple incidents at any given time
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Remedy, ServiceNow and AutoSys
- ITIL certification preferred