Work with Financial Operations management to develop and provide the analytics and process development support required to re-engineer and implement process enhancements that drive improved financial control performance as well as A/P service delivery to internal customers and external vendors. Resource will also serve as a participant in a project to select, design and implement an automated, end to end Procure to Pay (P2P) solution.
- Develop and act as direct linkage to Procurement team in support of all current & future vendor relationships, including vendor file set up and management / adherence to business and financial control requirements
- Drive and complete end to end accurate and timely W8 & W9 process management, including coordination and completion of annual 1099 reporting
- Facilitate and manage process that drives duplicate payment mitigation, recovery and corrective action
- Perform ongoing vendor status reviews, including management of active vs inactive status as well as timeframes and processes to cleanse or purge files
- Drive and manage increase in automated payment methods (as compared to live checks), including developing and implementing reporting that outlines cost / benefit and / or ROI
- Ensure payment term accuracy & manage payment term exceptions process
- Implement reporting required in support of A/P specific metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- BachelorDegree in Accounting, AP, or P2P certification a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of full cycle Accounts Payable experience, including experience with vendor file management and Procure to Pay (P2P)
- Proven ability to drive the development of AP related dashboard reporting, including KPI / Metrics and project statuses
- Prior accounting related experience with AP related monthly fiscal close requirements
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills, high level of system literacy (position has heavy level of interaction with IT organization)
- Experience with SOX activities and controls, interfacing with Internal Audit and resolving process and control issues
- Outstanding communication (verbal & written) & leadership skills
UniFirst is a Forbes Magazine “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” organization that delivers on your career with:
- Competitive salary & an industry-leading benefits package, including: Profit Sharing, Health & Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Disability, Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount.
- Top quality skills training designed to enhance performance and assist you with your career potential and advancement.