We are looking for Accounts Payable Specialist for our client in Dulles, VA
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Location: Dulles, VA
Job Type: Contract * 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
* US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.*
Process all vendor invoices in a timely manner and accurately in CostPoint.
Obtain approval and receiving in Costpoint of all invoices by authorized persons
listed on Purchase Order or Pre-approved recurring list or vendors.
Work with Purchaseg department on a daily basis to resolve PO issues
* Comply with current accounting policies, ensure that current systems and procedures are in compliance with company policies.
* Assist with weeky check runs and match with supporting documentation for* supervisor review and check signatures
Provide updates to Supervisor on outstanding invoices for weekly or monthly deadlines
Provide a ssistance to other* * team members with work flow.
* Research * AP expense and disbursement issues as required.
* Maintain AP files for current and previous fiscal year of supporting* documentation*
* Assist AP Supervisor with resolving invoice issues, needing addional research
Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 6 years of applicable experience*
At least 5 years in Accounts Payable.
U.S. Citizenship required.
Ability to effectively prioritize problems and manage multiple
requests/expectations at once
Recognized as a team member who is actively involved in attacking issues, while
* Maintaining an excellent attitude contributing to the overall high morale of the* * team