As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Account Payable Manager
The Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for assessing, monitoring, planning and managing the timeliness of payments in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company. This position requires a hands-on technical and experienced payments leader with the desire to operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment. In this position, you will be expected to work collaboratively with other Finance and Corporate functions on various projects. You will help redesign the Accounts Payable organization, while still responding quickly and soundly to day-to-day needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the global Accounts Payable process, includingTraveland Expense Management, with a focus on operational excellence.
- Assess new and current structured payables programs to meet Chemours-wide cash or earnings objectives.
- Evaluate current Accounts Payable processes and propose recommendations to strengtheninternal controls, enhance efficiency and maximize the usage of currenttechnologywhile taking into consideration impacts of procedural changes on key stakeholders.
- Identify, monitor and report on department metrics.
- Monitor payments dashboard for trends and opportunities to improve payment behavior and operations.
- Manage all processing activity according to established controls, identify trends and implement action plans to ensure that policy adherence andriskmitigation is attained.
- Assess risk/returntrade-offs and reinforce Chemours' ethics and risk management practices with an emphasis on minimizing business risks.
- Identify and implement additional controls to ensure appropriate management oversight.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external business partners, including management of Accounts Payable shared service center provider.
- Lead efforts to define Payables requirements, identify priorities, and recommend solutions on assigned initiatives. Drive the execution and direction of initiatives to ensure requirements are implemented.
- Collaborate with Treasury and Sourcing to effectively and efficiently manage cash and buying strategies.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduateBachelor’s degreerequired in Finance or Business, MBA desired.
- 5 years of experience with strong background in Souring and/or Payments
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Results oriented.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated decision making and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP.