The Accounts Payable Manager/ Inventory Services Manager is responsible for directing and supporting all inventory costing-related transactions processed by the Shared Service Division staff for the divisions.Manage all staff reporting to the position to effectively recruit, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities. Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in costing activities and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Monitors the status and quantity of supplier invoice blocks in the SAP system, holding the divisions accountable for clearing these blocks on a timely basis, personally following up where necessary.
- Prepares, and/or delegates the preparation of, special schedules and analysis on supplier conditions and other cost-related information (e.g., Bulk Whiskey).
- Supervises the workload of the invoice specialist to ensure the timely entry of supplier invoices into the SAP system, reorganizing workload as required by shifts in priorities and backlogs.
- Monitors the function of invoice payment executed by the Accounts Payable Department to ensure that supplier invoices are paid timely.
- Delegates the review and comparison of supplier statements to invoices entered into the SAP system, as well as the placement of phone calls to the suppliers to obtain copies of missing invoices.
- Resolves internal and external customer issues by returning/acknowledging phone calls and emails in a timely manner and providing responses and resolutions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Trains both divisional and departmental users on accounting concepts; proprietary business practices as they relate to the movement of inventory; and the use of the SAP system in the tracking of the purchase of product, the costing of purchased product, the automatic 3-way match of the purchase order to the goods receipt to the invoices, and the entry of invoices into the system.
- Makes herself/himself available for staff questions, taking the time to ensure that issues are resolved to the employee’s satisfaction.
- Completes annual performance appraisals on staff in a timely manner, providing both positive and constructive feedback to promote an atmosphere of learning and growth.
- Creates a safe environment for employees to interact, take risks, and ask questions in an attempt to maintain low levels of turnover and high levels of employee satisfaction.
- Monitors workloads, overtime requirements and staffing levels to ensure the proper match of headcount to transaction volume.
- Interviews new recruits for open positions (both new and those created due to turnover) in partnership with Human Resources.
- Makes hiring decisions regarding Specialist in partnership with Human Resources.
- Evaluates staff productivity levels weekly to ensure that employees are meeting or exceeding processing expectations.
- Conducts progressive disciplinary action activities, when required, to ensure that employees are made aware of their shortcomings and are given every chance to succeed prior to termination.
- Conducts termination activities in partnership with Human Resources.
- Initiates and participates in business process improvement activities as it relates to the area of inventory costing, taking responsibility for making and implementing efficiency-enhancing recommendations.
- Supports internal and external audit activities, as required, to ensure that auditors are provided with the necessary information to complete their audits timely.
- Interacts with other SSD departments to ensure the completeness of transaction processing (e.g., Supplier Billing, Accounts Payable and Customer Care).
- Focuses on providing excellent customer service in all dealings with internal and external customers, including BSG personnel, personnel from other divisions, vendors, suppliers and other outside personnel.
- Analyze and interpret financial statistics and other data and produce relevant reports.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required.
- Manage and control departmental expenditures within agreed budgets.
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or Business or equivalent experience is preferred.
- At least ten years of experience in an accounting department in a large corporate environment.
- At least 5 years supervising a multi person accounting type department strongly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems, the use of desktop software such as Microsoft Outlook and Excel and the use of complex Enterprise Resource Planning software tools, SAP preferred.
- Must have knowledge of all accounting concepts and principles, especially as they relate to accounts payable and inventory costing.
- Must understand and utilize sound customer service skills to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Must have the ability to analyze and explain complex transactions involving multiple steps.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally, shifting communication styles depending upon the audience.
- Analysis and research skills required.
Job:Accounting & FinancePrimary Location:United States-Texas-DallasShift:Day Shift
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. The Company prohibits discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. We make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. Candidates should possess the right to work in the United States, as it is not the general practice of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Job ID DAL00000729