Job DescriptionThe Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for oversight of Accounts Payable functions including supervision of staff, research, analysis, and resolution of complex payment and vendor issues, preparation of special reports, the maintenance of adequate internal control with regard to cash disbursements and overall process improvement. Job Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures vendor invoices are accurately scanned, coded, and routed to the branches and ancillary companies for approval.
· Coaches AP Supervisors on strategy and process for handling vendor inquiries and payment issues.
· Ensures all vendors are paid per contractual terms and that inquiries and payment issues are responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
· Works with branches to resolve service issues using sound business acumen and financial judgment indecision-making.
· Develops and maintains relationships with branch leadership teams and other departments within the organization.
· Provide leadership for all functions related to banking, ACH transactions, included but not limited to; receiving and uploading files, processing notification of changes and returns. Assist branch personnel and internal customers with return checks and voids.
· Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
· Provides situational resolution relating to staff including conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
· Supports and provides leadership by mentoring and training each function of the Accounts Payable department.
· Provides overall strategic planning, team development, and business process efficiency to the team.
· Develops and maintains quality assessment program within the department.
· Assists with the recruitment and training of Accounts Payable staff.
· Manages the professional development of direct reports by establishing annual goals and objectives for each and advises staff on progress.
· Supports the Accounts Payable Director with special projects and process improvements as needed. Completes other ad hoc analysis and duties as needed
Education and Experience
Knowledge and Skills