Accounts Payable Manager
We are on the hunt for a strong leader for this team of 30 co-workers! If you have SAP experience, then that is a big plus.
Orora Packaging Solutions is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager for our Tempe, AZ office.
- This position will report to the: Director, Orora Business Service Center
- Travel Requirement: less than 10% of Travel Required
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
At Orora, we believe our packaging touches lives and together, we, together as a team, deliver on the promise of what's inside. From custom packaging design and packaging materials, to prototype development and manufacturing, packaging automation and equipment, kitting and fulfillment, global sourcing, and full service warehousing and logistics, our packaging consultants develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions that take a product from concept to consumer. It is with this passion and commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the very best talent by living our core values of Teamwork, Passion, Respect, and Integrity every day.
Our vision is to be the industry-leading packaging solutions and displays company.
We value Teamwork, Passion, Respect and Integrity. These core values define who we are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other, with our customers, and with our communities. Every day, we deliver packaging solutions that exceed our customers' expectations while solving complex problems as a team.
We believe that all team members (irrespective of their role or level), should aspire to distinctive leadership behavior, as we continue to deliver on the promise for our customers, shareholders and each other. Leadership is not tied to a job title, i.e. you don't need to be accountable for a team to be considered a leader. At Orora leadership is encouraged at every level, within the team
What You'll be Responsible For in this Role
In this role you will manage, and coordinate activities of coworkers engaged in calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
- Evaluates department operation, revises procedures, or devises new procedures to improve efficiency of work flow
- Directs workload of co-workers in Accounts Payable department.
- Enforces company policies and procedures.
- Maintain monthly check register.
- Reviews accounts payable trial balance for credit balance and aged invoices.
- Reviews accrued inventoryreports.
- Orders checks and drafts.
- Approves and reviews all checks as needed.
- Interacts with other departments to solve internal process inconsistencies.
- Approves and administers co-worker reviews.
- Administers safety audits, hand exercises, and other safety related initiatives.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites work flow.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as requested.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.