The Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible the management of the day to day accounts payable and payment process. The position will provide leadership to a team of Accounts Payable Specialists ensuring compliance with the company’s policies.
• Owns and maintains the Vendor Master Files including additions and changes.
• Oversees the review of all vendor invoices for posting/payment across multiple general ledgers and verifies proper approval according to company policies
• Exhibits a solid knowledge of sales tax regulations
• Reconciles vendor statements
• Manages all vendor payments
• Maintains invoice imaging and approvals
• Ensures that 1099 filings are completed as required
• Owns the technician tool program
• Monitors the purchase and travel card administration and expense reporting/recording
• Research, analyze and resolves complex vendor and payment issues
• Ensures that critical vendor payments are made in a timely manner to maximize discounts/bonuses, by adhering to controls and monitoring procedures
• Develops and maintain Key Performance Indicator’s and metrics related to the Account Payable process
• Provides leadership to Accounts Payable staff including coaching & performance management
• Manages the close of Accounts Payable monthly, as required; including accruals for outstanding liabilities
• Participates in internal and external audit providing support as it relates to the function
• Supports management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
• Fosters a great place to work environment, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the internal and external customer.
• Participates in all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive.
• Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and asdirected in the employee handbook.
Experience, Education, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or related (required).
• Minimum of 5 years of accounts payable experience.
• 3-5 years management/supervisory experience.
• High level of ethical standards and professionalism.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Organization skills and the ability to multitask projects in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with other employees in various locations.
• Committed to continuous process improvements.
• Ability to solve practical problems and draw valid conclusions.
• Strong mathematical skills are essential.
• Understands accounting fundamentals such as debits, credits, and accounts payable.
• Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
• Ability to use various computer programs specific to the position.