$80K — $100K *
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Supervisor would be responsible for the overall supervision of Accounts Payable processing, supervising Accounts Payable staff, monitoring workflows and processing payment as needed. The Accounts Payable Supervisor would also monitor and oversee the Funds electronic invoice routing and approval system, and would be in charge of user training and support, both within the accounting department, and throughout the organization. In addition, the Supervisor would conduct research, troubleshoot and resolve all accounts payable systems issues.
• Responsible for overseeing timely processing and payment of AP invoices
• Reviews weekly payments (checks/ACH/wire/credit card), ensuring accuracy of invoice data entry and that all approvals are in line with the company's limits of authority
• Manages and distributes workload for the AP Department and ensures proper cross-training
• Supervises AP Staff, providing guidance in efforts around problem solving and troubleshooting, collaborating with other teams as necessary
• Assists with annual financial statement audit and other periodic audits by outside agencies
• Works effectively with Purchasing and Receiving departments, minimizing invoices that are placed on the AP problem log when they cannot be properly matched to receipt quantity or pricing on the purchase order
• Prepares and analyzes weekly and monthly metrics for the AP Department
• Assists with month-end close process (reconciles monthly AP sub-ledger to General Ledger)
• Reviews and maintains current AP processes and provides suggestions of opportunity for improvement and automation
• Responsible for hiring, training and developing AP Staff
• Interfaces effectively with other Finance Department Staff
• Ensures related AP inventory receipt GL accounts (2011/2013) are reconciled and transacted timely as well as kept current
• Oversees timely and accurate completion of annual 1099/1096 filing
• High Level of proficiency in Microsoft office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Basic Knowledge of ACCPAC (or equivalent) strongly preferred. Accounts payable processing knowledge / background
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational skills
• Detail oriented with strong ability to multitask
• Strong oral and written interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated customer service orientation
• Works well with a variety of staff
• Gears communication to the need of others.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Ability to effectively operate in a fast paced work environment.
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
• Associate Degree Required/Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• 6-7 years of experience in contract administration and accounts payable
• English (must read, speak, write and understand)
• Strong vendor negotiating skills
• Strong math skills
• Strong writing skills
• Informs management of potential issues
• Respects timelines set to complete work projects
• Prioritizes work flows & escalates time sensitive matters
• Consistently shares issues and problems with director and Accounts Payable, always providing a potential solution.
• Writes clear & concise e-mails / letters / correspondence
• Uses technology such as word processing, spreadsheets and email to access and communicate information.
• Seeks ways to work more efficiently and effectively while not losing site of departmental goals
• Follows up with requests from other departments /Insurance Broker/Director of Finance for information / reports
• Assists co-workers when necessary
Valid through: 9/17/2021
$80K — $100K *
56 days ago