Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager located in Atlanta, Ga. This position directs and oversees the daily management of the accounts payable staff and processes associated with the payment of invoices and reimbursing staff for business expenses. The role ensures the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, processing of purchase orders, invoices and payment of invoices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable, while handling multiple business units.
- Develop, implement and maintain Accounts Payable systems, procedures and policies, to ensure adherence to company guidelines. Develop and implement enhanced internal controls.
- When needed, act as a liaison between the accounts payable, operations, and external customers.
- Verify and research vendor statements and handle assigned vendor correspondence.
- Assist in month-end closing and month-end invoice accruals.
- Assist in gathering requested information and support for internal and external audits.
- Respond to inquiries from senior management regarding accounts payable issues that relate to the payment of provider and vendor invoices.
- Evaluate Accounts Payable staff performance, perform staff reviews, address performance issues.
- Monitor the team's adherence to policies and procedures for internal controls and separation of duties.
- Coach team members and provide expertise on the processing, recording and reporting of accounts payable transactions.
- Help foster a teamwork environment with direct reports, the Accounting department, and throughout the company.
- Possess the ability and desire to be innovative and to continuously seek out new opportunities to improve processes.
- Use critical thinking to research discrepancies and provide solutions.
- Test system upgrades before going live to production to ensure AP module is performing as expected.
- Assist with special projects, including potential new software implementations. Look for ways to utilize and improve system functionality.