AECOM is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager to work in our Fort Mill, South Carolina office.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project accounts payable functions for multiple projects through the receipt, review of invoices, entry into AP system, issuance of payments (wire transfers, ACH, checks) in accordance with payment terms, AP department record keeping, reports and interfaces with other accounting departments and costing systems.
- Makes day-to-day decisions for accounts payable department.
- Manager of the team managing all aspects of the work in support of multiple projects.
- Manages department operations to appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs)/business metrics.
- Provides various reports and performs basic accounting functions as required.
- Works collaboratively with direct reports and other teams.
Level specific responsibilities:
- Provides guidance to employees within the latitude of established policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including understanding of current business trends.
- Acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- May have budget responsibilities. Erroneous decision or failure to achieve results adds to costs and may impact short-term goals of organization.
- Manages the coordination of activities of a group or department with responsibility for results. In some instances, may be responsible for functional area and does not have direct reports or subordinate employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or equivalent degree plus 8 years of relevant experience in similar position or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education (AA/AS plus 10 years of relevant experience OR High School diploma / GED plus 12 years of relevant experience).
- Proficient computer skills, particularly MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to plan, develop, coordinate and direct detailed phases of accounting and business administration functions for multiple projects.
- Knowledge of business and administrative principles and procedures.
- Prior experience with managing high volume accounts payroll processing for multiple locations
- Prior supervisory experience
- Work with construction, engineering or maintenance firm.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint Financial Reporting system desired
- Possesses highly specialized technical or functional expertise in accounts payable processing
- Able to provide effective management approach to retain and motivate a team
- Demonstrated abilty to deliver technical and operational excellence
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Relocation is not available for this position.