SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration.
Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Los Angeles office is looking for an Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our team. We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to the support of our local office leadership, thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a high degree of skill and responsibility.
Working with us, you will:
- Perform basic accounts payable functions and duties.
- Check all vendor invoices for accuracy and completeness.
- Match all invoices to appropriate back up material.
- Ensure all invoices have appropriate approvals.
- Post invoices into accounting system (ie: Deltek Vision).
- Generate accounts payable reports and documents.
- Process expense reports in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Distribute employee expense checks.
- Assist with the processing of direct deposit of employee expense reimbursements.
- Contact vendors to research inaccuracies, discrepancies, and date missing from statements. Files invoices and statements.
- Assist in other accounting areas as requested or assigned.
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 year of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and advanced skills in Excel.
- Proficiency in accounting systems (ie: Deltek Vision)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in dealing with internal and external clients.
- The ability to apply concepts of basic math (ie: calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages).
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently.
- The ability to exhibit a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, data input, and organization, and to exhibit excellent customer service and communication skills under pressure.
- Good organizational skills.
- Previous experience in an architecture/design firm preferred.
- The ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos.