The Accounts Payable and Payroll Manager is a key member of the MPS Finance team and is responsible for the overall workflow of the Accounts Payable department to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all vendor invoices/payments. This role will also oversee North America payroll activities and be a key contributor to global payroll processes.
- Manage the day to day accounts payable and payroll operations
- Review accounts payable & payroll related month-end journal entries and accounts.
- Ensure all inquiries, payments & invoices are processed accurately and timely.
- Lead AP automation activities to streamline the procure to pay cycle.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manage expense report processing and system (Concur) administration
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll, sales rep commissions, bonuses, status changes, new hires, and terminations using ADP payroll system.
- Maintain a process to ensure the integrity and accuracy of payroll data by reviewing reconciliations and detailed audits to ensure accurate processing.
- Assist with the administration the Company’s nonqualified deferred compensation program, including JE review, account reconciliation, disbursements and SOC1 review.
- Participate in and contribute to the financial close and audit process including preparation and review of JVs, reconciliations, audit schedules and SOX documentation.
- Support ad-hoc projects and reporting as needed.
- BS/BA degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum two years’ management experience including payroll.
- US GAAP accounting knowledge with 5+ years of payable and payroll accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Can effectively apply accounting knowledge to solve for day-to-day operational needs as well as ad hoc projects