This position supports the accounts payable operations (processing approximately $1B in invoices annually) for City of Hope and subsidiaries, including 13 community practices. This includes procure to pay business process improvements, performing month and year end close and ERP reconciliation, creating insightful AP metrics reporting, ensuring compliance and control through driving policy compliance and working withinternal audit, as well as developing and providing necessary training to end users.
This position will design and monitor department metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with our key customers across the enterprise. The key services this position will provide includes handling enterprise departments accounts payable inquiries and research accounts payable issues, assisting with system upgrades, replacements, and troubleshooting, as well as recommending key policies and procedures for daily activities, demonstrating a solid understanding of GAAP, SOX and regulatory guidelines. Assist with preparation for audits and special projects as assigned such as enterprise training or system implementations.
This AP analyst will play a crucial key user role in large Procure to Pay optimization projects. He/She will provide insights on current process flow, provide recommendations on future state. He/She will participate through all stages of project implementation including design, testing, go live and post go live training.
The AP analyst must demonstrate key AP knowledge and understanding of relevant business processes at various levels across the organization. This position also requires excellent communication skills, presentation and facilitation skills, as well as superior customer service. Must also be able to present the analytical findings and metrics to identify inefficiencies and propose recommendations. Lastly, this position must demonstrate independent thinking and requires minimal supervision.
- Develop and publish AP analysis to indentify issues such as incorrect unit price, variance discrepancies, goods not received, duplicate invoices to enable AP and Purchasing collectively resolving them on a timely basis.
- Publish monthly internal AP staff efficiency metrics (internal) as well as AP performance scorecards (external SLAs) for the organization.
- Through insightful AP and Staff metrics, need to identify opportunities on effectiveness and efficiencies of AP processes and Staff performance.
- Attends meetings including the tactical and strategic Procure to Pay meetings. Participates on committees as required. Communicates relevant issues to the team leaders and colleagues.
- Co-lead with AP manager on presentations/inputs for Procure to Pay team (AP, purchasing, and receiving) to identify opportunities to optimize business and IT processes.
- Train new and existing users on business expense and AP module to ensure business expense reimbursement and invoice requests are processed accurately and most efficient means.
- Prepare reports for AP reconciliation and general ledger accounts. Submit it to AP manager for approval on a monthly basis.
- Prepare month end accruals such as Pcard accrual and receipt accrual to ensure we close on time to meet the COH financial close timeline
- Maintain and revise all AP and business expense policy and procedures by working with AP manager
- Analyze AP processes by collaborating with General Accounting, PeopleSoft FIN system business analyst team, Receiving and Purchasing teams. Thus recommending process improvements as well as internal controls.
- Play a vital role with AP manager in assisting interim and year end external audit.
- Act as the key user for all Procure to Pay related initiatives through the entire cycle of scoping, analysis, testing, and implementation.
- Act as the AP lead in working with ERP Fin System Business Analyst in providing service desk support related to AP area
- Maintain 1099 information and collect W-9 information from vendors. Responsible for year-end 1099-MISC filing. Conduct TIN match in IRSdatabase.
- Requires minimal supervisor to manage daily activities and is able to meet deadlines.
- BachelorDegree, minimum of six years of current experience with AP department can substitute for minimum education requirements
- 2-5years in Accounts Payable or Accounting Operation Experience
- Calculate statistical data
- Data analysis
- Data Entry
- Prepare reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience with account reconciliation’s and general knowledge of accounting principles.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Track record of working independently with little direction.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to creatively problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Basis system navigation skills, People Soft
- Detail-oriented and ability to maintain high levels of accuracy for high volume of transactions
- Ability to adjust priorities to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Analytical skills / problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information