The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is a nonprofit organization that directs a range of domestic and international ministries. From its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association directs a wide range of domestic and international ministries, including: large-scale festivals led by evangelists Franklin Graham and Will Graham; The Billy Graham Library; The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, located outside of Asheville, N.C.; SearchforJesus.net, an Internet evangelism project reaching thousands of people for Christ online; and many others through print, television, telephone, radio and the Internet.
Exercises responsibility for all activities in the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable (AP/AR) functions, ensures timely payment of vendor invoices, check requests and expense reports, maintains accurate records and control reports, and manages collection activities.Ministry Requirements
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer.
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA's Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages general journal entries, account, and report reconciliations
- Manages all Blue Ridge Broadcasting (BRB) accounts payable including invoices, account coding, approval signatures, reports, requisitions, vendor information, and filing, in full compliance with GAAP and BRB/Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) Commitment Authority Policy
- Develops and prepares reports, correspondence, and completes other projects with accuracy and efficiency
- Assists with budget preparation and prepares requisitions
- Manages all BRB accounts receivables
- Provides oversight in the absence of the Manager, Accounting and Administration
- Manages Program Coordinator to ensure logs and Cost of Service invoices are generated accurately and timely
- Manages Receptionist/Office Assistant to ensure visitors, phone calls and prayer requests are handled in a personal and professional manner.
- Accurately reports, files, and ensures payment of quarterly North Carolina Sales Tax payments
- Accurately reports and files Sales and Use Tax Claim Refunds
- Responds to vendor billing inquiries in timely, accurate manner
- Processes donations, invoice payments, and concert offerings
- Reconciles and compiles daily deposits
- Processes credit card reporting and detail requests
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor
- Provides secondary support for petty cash drawer
- Provides secondary support for general business office functions, which may include mail distribution and revenue processing
- Reports to Manager, Accounting & Administration
- Supervises Program Coordinator and Receptionist/Office Assistant
- Relates to BRB department leaders
Skills and Knowledge
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience in accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Accounting/finance experience totaling minimum of five (5) years, including minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience during that time
- Ability to lead, inspire, coordinate, and manage staff
- Demonstrated Team player who leads by example
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency with large financial systems
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Ability to utilize computerized accounting, spreadsheet, and word processing software
- Ability to work in harmony with other staff, and to function as a team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to understand and develop priorities
- Ability to work independently with initiative and with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high degree of concentration despite interruptions and under occasional pressure
- Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation and in close proximity to others
- Work is typically performed in a conventional office environment
- Employees filling regular full-time positions, who are working no less than 40 hours per week, are eligible to participate in BGEA's benefits program.
Continuing the lifelong work of Billy Graham, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.