Accounts Payable (A / P) Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Business Services
Title: A/P Manager?
Location: Morris County NJ
Salary: (100K-110K Range + Bonus)
Industry: Professional Services – Multi-Billion Co.
Accounts Payable Manager
This position will plan, evaluate and improve business efficiency and drive process improvements. Seeking strong leadership and management skills as the staff is growing.
- Responsible for managing the overall leadership and direction for the A/P team
- Provides leadership to the A/P employees, communicating mission, defining culture and motivating performance
- Creates an environment that fosters team effectiveness and cooperation, professional growth, and unity
- Documents standard processes, creates resource materials and implements training as needed.
- Uses data to analyze work flow and performance; drives process improvements and implements tools to improve efficiency
- Identifies key metrics and sets daily/weekly/monthly targets
- Develops hiring profiles, evaluates training programs and manages overall performance of staff
- Work with Corporate Audit team on annual compliance audits
- Managing and directing the daily work flow of the AP team. Shifting the teams’ priorities to ensure that invoices are processed in a timely manner based on work queues
- Recruiting and hiring AP personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is REQUIRED
- 10+ years of accounts payable or related financeexperience
- 7+ years demonstrated experience overseeing national or regional processing center or similar operation
- Prior experience managing a department of 10+ AP professionals
- Proven process mapping/change management skills with demonstrated success driving change initiatives required
- Excellent communication skills; capable of communicating complex and/or technical information to national audiences
- Ability to prioritize and delegate assignments