The Y is enjoying tremendous growth and considered a recognized leader within the YMCA national movement; with an annual operating budget growing to over $70 million. Be part of something BIGGER at the YMCA of Central Florida!
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities with the nation’s most valuable and recognized non-profit brands.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
- Business or Accounting degree required; a master’s degree in business administration or accounting highly preferred.
- Active CPA and minimum 3 years of public accounting experience required.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial accounting and payroll management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of directors, vendors and all levels of staff.
- Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization a plus.
- Passion for the YMCA of Central Florida’s mission.
STRATEGIC, VISION AND LEADERSHIP
- Advise the senior management team on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow priorities and policy matters.
- Serve as a management liaison to the Finance and Audit/Treasury committees of the Board; effectively communicate and present financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of the YMCA of Central Florida’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping senior management informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary.
TEAM DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Oversee, direct and organize the work of the accounting and finance teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach; assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Upgrade and maintain an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures,
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and executing the budget process.
- Analysis and forecasting in a variety of areas, including budget management, tax strategy, risk management and managing work capital.
- Ensure that YMCA of Central Florida is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to senior management and other key stakeholders as required.
- Provide analytical support to the internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Improve and maintain administrative and operational accounting and finances services such as treasury management, grant management, payroll, accounts payable and budget management.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance
- Oversee all internal and external financial reporting to the organization.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all financial reporting.
- Prepare or oversee financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all debt covenants, governmental and agency regulations and GAAP.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of property tax filings, corporate filings, and all other Federal, State and Local government filings.
- Perform the day-to-day tasks necessary to execute the responsibilities for the assigned departments and to provide advice and assistance as required.
- All other duties as assigned by management.