The Accounting Technology Lead will play a critical role in managing the business application platforms and strategy around them for our Tax, Audit and Advisory service lines. In this capacity, you will work directly with our practice leaders as the point person to drive new initiatives, improve service levels and evolve the application platforms to modernize, introduce new capabilities, increase efficiency, reduce cost and improve the client experience. Our ideal candidate has demonstrated experience providing thought and execution leadership around related service line technology projects within another CPA firm and has the flexibility to sit in any of our offices or work remotely.
If you're looking for a static environment interested in maintaining the status quo, this likely isn't your role. On the other hand, if the idea of serving as the tip of the spear for strategic change initiatives that make a significant impact to how one of the country's largest CPA firms delivers our core service offerings, read on.
- Planning & Solution Delivery – Contribute to IT strategy by developing the vision and roadmap for the service line business application platforms in conjunction with the business and CB IT in partnership with IT Project Management in project planning and delivery.
- Client Support – Ensure client satisfaction with service line platforms and address broad service level issues. Work to raise the knowledge level of service line business applications within IT Operations such that they can more effectively handle day to day issues. Partner with IT Operations in responding to critical issues impacting application availability and performance.
- Vendor Management – Manage relationships with key service line application vendors, including Wolters Kluwer/CCH and Thomson Reuters, and work with them to address service level issues. Stay current on product roadmaps and new offerings as well as maintenance/upgrade schedules.
- Risk & Compliance – Ensure that service line business applications comply with Cherry Bekaert security, data privacy and other risk & compliance policies, procedures and controls, working closely with CB's Security, Risk & Compliance team.
- Innovation – Look for opportunities to introduce new tools and technologies with a focus on improving efficiency and reducing cost by leveraging vendor API's and Robotic Process Automation.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working in public accounting
- Direct knowledge of Tax and Audit business processes and experience with applications including Wolters Kluwer/CCH Axcess & Engagement, Thomson Reuters GoFileRoom & Fixed Assets or comparable systems
- Demonstrated experience collaborating across organizational groups, using influence to drive consensus
- Good listener, ability to evolve approaches and thinking, open to change
- Ability to Travel up to 25%
- Work Authorization Status: Permanent U.S. Resident, U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
Wat you can expect from us:
- Collaborative environment focused on career and leadership development
- Competitive salary and generous PTO
- Employee Wellness plans
- "Dress for your Day" policy