The primary responsibility of this position is to lead and support the accounting department by performing general activities with US GAAP, German GAAP and IFRS and report the financial results to corporate for consolidation. Responsibilities captioned below are considered essential job functions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement, monitoring and be compliant with the Sarbanes-Oxley as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Analyze and Report existing or potential accounting and tax risks in company operations.
- Motivation and interest in supporting the business in the implementation of new accounting software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Assist in preparation of the financial records in accordance with local accounting methodology and company policies within the financial accounting software - AS400.
- Oversee Foundry Division Accounting; review cost accounting and manufacturing expense activities.
- Lead the accounting team in month end close and submit results to corporate on a timely basis.
- Analyze variations in each period s financial results to ensure completeness and accuracy of the reporting.
- Assist in internal and external audits, providing all necessary clarifications.
- Implement and monitor controls ensuring compliance with corporate policies.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of accounts.
- Help control the company's fixed assets.
- Perform the account assignment and provide support and assistance to other areas, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience.
- Ability to communicate with other team members and management.
- Ability to complete daily tasks independently based on established procedures.
- Advanced level Excel, Word, Google apps a plus.
- Experience in a publicly traded company is a plus.