Description Assists in overseeing the day to day general accounting function which includes internal methods, reconciliation, financial reporting, and balance sheet management. Ensure all assignments are accomplished in accordance with accounting and internal control requirements of all the financial entities supported. Coordinates work related to both internal and external audits for the periodic review of the company financial records. Directs all work related to tax matters: federal, state and international tax package support, sales and local parish tax, property tax, etc. Recommends and implements appropriate methods and techniques to be applied by the company in accordance with GAAP. Responsibilities
- Ensure accuracy, integrity, and timely reporting of financial statements. Safeguard division assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Perform rigorous review of balance sheets and set expectations for continuous analysis and attention to transactions by staff.
- Completion of annual tax work papers for federal and state tax packages for all reporting units within legal entity.
- Promote regular communication and productive relationships with Emerson Shared Service Finance partners.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate accounting methods for management and be eager to accept stretch assignments and ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Act as the key liaison between Accounting and all other functions.
- Encourage an atmosphere of teamwork, safety, creativity, trust and respect. Establish and maintain positive working relationships to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required. MBA/CPA/CMA preferred.
- 8+ years hands-on experience in Accounting with experience effectively leading people and managing the intricacies of a dynamic organization.
- Solid IT skills (including Microsoft Office, HFM, and Oracle) are necessary.
- Strong organizational skills with highly-driven, self-motivation and goal orientation traits.
- Above average analytical skills, intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem solving capability.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with senior levels in the organization.
- Handle management duties in a professional manner.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.