About the Job
8x8 offers a compelling and rewarding career opportunity for a highly talented, motivated and energetic person to work in our Finance department. The position reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager and has responsibility for the accounting function, including internal reporting, coordinating ERP system improvements and workflows to improve departmental efficiencies, and maintenance of internal controls. This position supervises accounting staff and maintains close collaboration with key functional and corporate contacts. More detailed responsibilities are set forth below.
- Manage and participate in the monthly accounting close process, including both preparing and reviewing journal entries and reconciliations.
- Manage and review Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Fixed Assets.
- Prepare internal financial statements and related reporting package for review.
- Provide monthly variance analysis and provide input for forecast.
- Assist with the coordination of quarterly reviews and annual audits by the auditors.
- Evaluate, monitor and enhance control environment to ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance, including process improvement and control remediation.
- Assist with development and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
- Work with the ERP functional analyst to maintain reports in NetSuite or otherreporting tools (Crystal), looking for ways to improve the efficiency of the reporting tools and processes.
- Assist the Controller, Director of Compliance and CFO on special projects, as necessary.
- Supervise and coach four accountants with a focus on their personal, as well as the group's, success.
- A college degree in Accounting/Finance with 6+ years of accounting experience.
- Ability to prioritize projects accordingly and multi-tasking is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding and experience with NetSuite or other top tier financial system.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to "roll up the sleeves" when necessary to accomplish a goal
- Experience in working under tight time pressures.