As an accounting standards expert, you will act as a business adviser on a daily basis regarding transactions involving multidisciplinary teams (tax, mergers and acquisitions, cash and cash equivalents, etc.) and give an opinion on the accounting implications that these transactions have on the company.
You will also be responsible for keeping track of ongoing changes in accounting standards and advising senior management on the potential impacts of these changes. You will also act as a leader on projects to adopt new accounting standards, where you will plan project performance and the development of tools to assist the business units in adopting IFRS.
You will also write accounting opinions and be the contact person for answers to auditors’ questions. You will also be required to participate in the preparation/revision of notes to quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements.
- CPA or CA designation required.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS, especially for one of the following fields: revenue recognition, leases, consolidation and partnerships, or transactions in foreign currencies.
- Excellent ability to interpret accounting standards and apply them to transactions in a practical manner.
- Excellent ability to communicate with senior management.
- Experience in project management; proven leadership qualities.
- Ability to work under pressure in the face of tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bilingualism (French and English) required.