The Accounting Specialist will use knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the energy industry to prepare, review and support a variety of accounting functions in order to maintain an effective accounting program.
Key Roles & Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned. Directly or through others, the incumbent will:
Prepares and reviews journal entries, account reconciliations, financial analysis and settlements.
- Settle invoices and ensure accurate timely payments
- Applies appropriate accounting procedures and maintains effective internal controls.
- Completes accounting activities to maintain the books and records in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepares and reviews schedules to support the quarterly and annual reporting processes.
- Participates in new business initiatives and special projects as assigned.
- Establishes new accounting processes and streamlines existing processes.
- Uses knowledge of GAAP, company policies and energy industry to develop and prepare Ad-Hoc reports to support one-time and evolving information needs.
- Participates in training to ensure compliance.
Education, Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required; Master's degreepreferred.
- Minimum five (5) years accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Energy industry experiencepreferred.
- CPA desirable but not required.
- Advanced Excel skills and solid functional knowledge of Word and Power Point applications.
- Excellent financial analysis, problem solving and communication skills.
- Process improvement oriented.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with the financial closing process.