We are an international, award-winning design agency. From print to web to physical space, we have been creating memorable brand experiences for global clients since 1999. Our teams are comprised of creative rock stars sharing one universal passion. We are drawn to the intersection of design and technology, infusing our multiple disciplines to create award winning experiences and leaving our clients breathless, waiting to see what we are going to do next.
Due to sustained growth and diversification we are seeking a highly qualified Accounting Specialist with strong experience in accounting policies and procedures.
- Month-End Closing: Assist with the monthly financial close by preparing account reconciliations, recording journal entries and maintaining accurate supporting documentation.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations G/L analysis
Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them on a monthly basis - Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
Analyze deliverables to confirm they meet client expectations. Projects: Identify quick wins and work onlonger-term projects.
Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings collections, and payroll
Work closely with executive team to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
Reporting: Analyze period over period fluctuations and provide insightful commentary of key business drivers; respond timely to inquiries through research and analysis
Audits: Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
Strategy: Analyze business operations and data, and present actionable process improvements. You collaborate with other departments, such as operations, procurement, and marketing, to find savings and identify solutions that will allow us to scale rapidly.
Demonstrate appropriate judgment, knowledge, skills and acumen to professionally and productively supervise and lead accounting staff and executives at all levels
- Respond to ad-hoc requests and internal and external audit requirements.
· BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Hands-on experience with accounting software Zoho Books and QuickBooks
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings