We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, External Reporting & Accounting Research, the manager will be responsible for performing technical accounting research and providing guidance to Halliburton's F&A organization.
Accounting Research - performing research and implementation of accounting issues, including:
- Assisting in the execution and completion of various ad hoc questions or research requests submitted from field operations or other Halliburton departments.
- Implementing new and emerging accounting topics relevant to the Company, SEC, industry, and current pronouncements.
Finance & Accounting Update – organizing and leading a quarterly finance and accounting update session to Halliburton’s global F&A organization.
- Researching and developing accounting topics relevant to our organization.
- Coordination and collaboration with other F&A departments for prospective topics and presentations.
- Present relevant topics as necessary.
- Coordination of other aspects of the quarterly update, including webcast setup and providing CPE certifications to attendees.
Other – providing other services as necessary, including:
- Assisting with the implementation of the new lease accounting standard to ensure the Company effectively adopts the new standard.
- Assist the SEC Reporting department with quarterly filings and review of supporting schedules as necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, produce accurate results, effectively communicate.
- Undergraduatedegree in Accounting.
- 8years of progressive experience in finance or accounting related roles, to include management experience.
- Advanced functionality of common office environment, functional applications such as SAP and Hyperion, and relevant business applications.
- Project management skills and awareness of financial performance metrics such as CVA/NOVA.
- Strong knowledge in aspects of finance and accounting, internal controls and risk mitigation, company policy, financial analysis and statutory reporting, forecasting, and financial applications of varying complexity, as well as performance management and advanced levels of proficiency with industry and company acumen.
- Masters in Accounting.
- CPA designation.
- Big 4 Experience.
- Ability to research technical accounting topics and provide clear and thorough guidance to F&A organization.
- Previous technical accounting experience with a large, public, multi-national company or public accounting firm.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Accounting Research Manager through Senior Accounting Research Manager.