What you’ll be doing...
This position reports to a Senior Manager in the Global Process Improvement group supporting the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives for the Account to Report process. This role will primarily be responsible for projects related to the accounting and close process. The position will also develop and maintain strong relationships across the business units to implement and standardize processes.
Support the design and implementation of standardized global Account to Reportprocesses for the Accounting and Close process including:
- Lead cross functional teams in the design, development and implementation of financial processes.
- Perform independent and objective evaluations of financial processes.
- Redesign existing processes and assess and establish key process controls.
- Ensure the consistency and completeness of design and implementation for the end to end process.
- Analyze results or metrics and meet with key subject matter experts to help identify potential improvements or evaluate different alternate solutions, including recommending process changes, system enhancements or other automation options.
- Support Verizon Finance transformation initiatives including follow-up, resolution and closure of open items as well as identifying and developing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across the business units to implement and standardize processes. Communicate effectively with process owners to facilitate the completion and tracking of Finance Transformation initiatives.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have...
- Bachelor's Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Accounting close processes experience.
- Experience in developing business requirements for automation projects, including software such as robotic process automation software.
- Experienced in the design and implementation of accounting systems and applications.
Even better if you have…
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with applications such as flowcharting, Quality Center, and MS Project.
- Proficient with MS Access and Excel, including advanced features and the development and use of macros or scripts.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., python, perl, powershell, bash, vbs, etc.) or Microsoft Technology (VB .NET).
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Knowledge of technology or telecommunications industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; well-developed analytical and interpretive skills.
- Ability to interface with IT, Accounting and various functions, as well as various levels of management.
- Organizational skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
- Job # 462410