Position at Taylor Communications SCS
Taylor Communications Secure and Customer Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Manager, Accounting to oversee a team of Staff Accountants, Accounts Payable, and Credit/Collections staff in our Arden Hills, MN office who support various aspects of the financial cycle including; month-end close, monthly variance analysis, financial reporting, accounts payable processing, and credit/ collections efforts. Responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements, timely payments to our vendors, credit limit setting according to Corporate policies, and timely receipt of payments from our clients. Position reports to the Director, Finance of Taylor Communications Secure and Customer Solutions.
- Train, mentor and manage accounting staff. Ensure staff is highly functioning and the team is motivated. Provide feedback, conduct performance reviews and take corrective action when needed.
- Develop and implement systems and processes for gathering, analyzing, verifying financial information.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to financial management and accounting.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Lead and participate in process improvements and documentation projects
- Facilitate and prepare company financial statements, including monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manage internal and external financial statement audits
- Prepare audit work papers/schedules, fulfill audit requests and reporting in a timely manner
- Perform variance financial analysis
- Manage credit limit and collection efforts for client invoices
- Manage vendor invoice payment process
- Bachelors in Accounting with 7+ years progressive accounting experience
- 4+ years supervising and mentoring a team
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Proven track record of success, leadership and being a self-starter; results oriented
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze details and identify financial issues
- Ability to identify, collect and organize data for analysis
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge in aspects of general accounting, internal controls, company policy, financial analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite
- Proficiency in Oracle, Infor, SAP or larger ERP system a plus
- Multi-location accounting and consolidation experience
- Credit and collection experience