Welltok is pioneering health optimization by connecting consumers with the right programs and resources to optimize their health and reward them for healthy actions and behaviors. Our CaféWell health optimization platform empowers users with personalized activities that are designed to drive healthy habits and active lifestyles. Be part of something big and join our smart, passionate team in changing the way consumers engage in their health.
Based in Denver and reporting directly to the VP, Corporate Controller, the Accounting Manager, Revenue Operations is an integral member of the Corporate Accounting team. The role is responsible for the entire Order-to-Cash cycle, ultimately ensuring the proper recognition and reporting of revenue.
The role includes management responsibility for the revenue accounting staff. This role has significant exposure in Welltok’s finance organization and will be a working partner with the VP, Corporate Controller, VP Finance, Senior Director of Technical Accounting, Business Unit Leadership and the broader Finance and Accounting teams. This role will also liaise with other business groups to address accounting and business issues as they arise.
A proven ability to effectively evaluate risk, leverage teams, maintain a high-level of accuracy, operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment, dive into and understand details, and strong systems skills are essential to this role. Additionally, this individual must ensure departmental compliance in a SOX environment and be able to fully understand the risks and be able to perform and monitor controls within the department.
- Review and interpret customer contracts to implement revenue tracking, reporting and analysis in accordance with US GAAP
- Responsible for coordinating revenue month end close, including invoicing, collections, journal entries, reconciliations and revenue recognition schedules
- Prepare and review of balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and US GAAP compliance
- Interacts closely with Sales department, coordinating communications on all items related to billing and revenue, and customer relationships.
- Work directly with finance, sales and service delivery on a daily basis as it relates to contracts with customers.
- Responsible for the internally developed revenue system and implementation of updates to maintain compliance with all new revenue guidance.
- Point of contact for year-end audit, as it relates to revenue.
- Supervises and develops staff through hands-on training, guidance and performance reviews.
- Develop staff goals and key performance indicators to measure performance and ensure the department is performing at a high level
- Continuously reviews processes for ongoing improvement.
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience with revenue accounting rules and practices
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong work ethic – ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a demanding detail-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated, time efficient and proactive with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Confident in dealing with customers and senior management.
- Enthusiastic team player with desire to train/mentor, and willing to assist others where necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department staff, supervisory personnel, associates, vendors and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of leadership/management experiencepreferred
- History of proven process improvement experience
- Technology/SaaS industry experience is preferred
- Intacct ERP experiencepreferred