The Accounting Manager will report to the VP, Accounting Operations within the Controllers Organization. The Accounting Managers' primary responsibility will include oversight of the payroll process, including daily/monthly operations, and supervision of on and offshore staff. Position will play a key role in providing accurate, valuable information to support Management decision making and implementation of various projects in support of strategic initiatives.
- Supervision and oversight of payroll processing and reporting on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Research and advise on various accounting topics and transactions, as they arise, including agency notices
- Continually develop, expand and improve procedures for payroll and compensation processing and analysis, including but not limited to payroll and other process support needed within the team.
- Manage associates within the function including goal setting, performance planning, feedback, appraisals and development planning
- Develop, monitor and comply with internal controls over various processes (SOX compliance).
- Support the interim and year-end financial statement audit
- Assist in the implementation of reconciliation on Blackline reconciliation tool and Finance Revitalization project
- Lead and coordinate projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting, treasury, ADP tax and procurement teams.
- Lead and monitor offshore team performance and metrics
- Project work as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 8+ years accounting experience in public accounting or the financial services industry.
- Experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle software is a plus. Proficiency in software applications, primarily Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate in multi-task and deadline driven environment, to work independently and effectively in team environment.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Payroll experience preferred
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills with a focus on improvement processing
- Professional designation such as CPA preferred