Collins Aerospace is looking for an Accounting Manager who will lead a team of intermediate to experienced accounting professionals. You will be setting objectives and guiding others on the execution of general accounting processes, such as inter-company cash, cash management, government accounting, financial reporting, project accounting, and/or balance sheet management. You will also develop and explain accounting procedures and control processes.
- Supervises accountants and/or support- level employees for a small organization to ensure smooth functioning of the department.
- Oversees activities related to general ledger preparation, government accounting activities, and/or projects, to assure timely completion and accuracy of accounting activities.
- Provides detailed financial analysis for a small-sized organization’s operating results and proposed activities, and presents the analysis to management, in order to keep management updated and informed.
- Oversees implementation of monthly and quarterly financial and compliance processes, to ensure that all compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations for multiple programs and legal entities for correct accounting and documentation
- Identify and drive continuous improvements of key processes
- Provides support with internal and external audits, to ensure compliance and timely completion.
Experience & Qualifications
- Candidates for this role should possess a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanceddegree and 3 years of prior relevant experience
- Excellent communications and presentation skills along with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills and strong commitment to deadlines
- High ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities and objectives
- Ability to manage people and develop skills
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is desired
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree with 3 years of prior relevant experience is required.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Job ID 01280243