POSITION SUMMARY: The Accounting Manger-UCI directly supports the day-to-day accounting/finance activities including new business reporting, in-depth analysis, and contributing to financial process improvements.
- Manage the month-end closing processes for multiple product lines by preparing journal entries, variance analysis and commentaries for key income statement and balance sheet accounts
- For all Accounting/Finance processes, performs analyses and prepares reviews; ensures policy/ regulatory compliance.
- Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances to monthly forecast and profit plan, identify business drivers and evaluate its impact on planned objectives. Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for management.
- Support manufacturing operations financial analysis and reporting by reviewing all aspects of plant operations
- Manage day to day Accounting/Finance processes (i.e., A/R & A/P) with accounting staff.
- Prepare and Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations in alignment with GAAP and financial policies.
- Ensure Plant compliance with operations related internal controls requirements and assist in the creation of new policies & procedures to improve the overall internal controls environment
- Ensure compliance with financial policies, US GAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Financial resource for External Auditors and Corporate projects that analyze the financial viability of new product introductions.
- Collaborate with direct reports through Performance Management System to establish goals and career development.
- Performs additional requests as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution, Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of Finance or Accounting experience; manufacturing environment a plus.
- Superior analytical, written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be action oriented, organized, and possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across all levels of management
- Knowledge of Great Plains ERP system or other similar operating systems.
- Advance skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion and other data management systems.