Trinity Logistics Group is searching for a Accounting Manager in our Dallas, TX office.
What you'll do:
- Effectively manage accounting department supporting a for-hire trucking and logistics business.
- Ensure alignment of department with business unit goals and objectives. Support and assist management team, customers, and business partners regarding inquiries, special projects, or reporting needs. Collaborate with management and business partners to achieve business unit goals and objectives.
- Champion continuous improvement through identification of areas of improvement, problem-solving, and innovation.
- Combine information from multiple systems to perform variance analysis to enhance plant activities, drive continuous improvements & control expenses.
- Analyze data pertaining to plant metrics to include plant production efficiencies, productivity, working capital management, plant profitability, & other measures.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial closings and timely reporting of financial information in accordance with GAAP, corporate policies.
- Ensurine business unit compliance with internal and SOX controls.
- Prepare and communicate business unit financial, operational, and statistical reports.
- Provide both strategic and tactical decision support to management through effective financial planning and analysis.
- Monitor cost and capital spending activity, conduct cost studies and analyses, recommend and document cost-reduction processes and procedures
- Responsible for management of accounting department staff and for the accuracy and timeliness of all department products. Responsible for the professional performance, development, and conduct of department.
What you'll need:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to comprehend and interpret regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment across all levels of the organization
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and experience in all other Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years related experience as a supervisor and/or individual contributor
- Previous experience in trucking, logistics, and/or fleet management preferred
Job ID: 1805564