The East Accounting Manager is responsible for leading the East Lab, Nurse Practitioner, Trident Fixed Assets and PICC close process. This includes collaborating withfinancial and operational team members to facilitate the close process and analyze and report on monthly financials for their respective lines of business. This team member will actively collaborate with the East Controller, Accounting Managers, Director of Financial Reporting, VP of Accounting, Corporate Controller, and departmental Directors and VPs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the general ledger month-end close and presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis to the East Controller.
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and reconciliations for month-end closing.
- Full responsibility for analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and reporting on variances, including preparation of a monthly account analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts and assisting with monthly financial reviews.
- Provide recommendations for internal controls and operational improvements across departments and operating entities as identified.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and audit requirements.
- Ad hoc reporting for management.
- Provide support to the East Controller.
- Perform other tasks as assigned to support the goals of the organization.
- Supervise 2 direct reportsEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountingrequired
- Minimum three years of experience in accounting
- Prefer accounting experience in large to mid-size companies
- Supervisory experiencepreferredREQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to drive change
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task is a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPointPREFERRED SKILLS:
- National or large regional public accounting experience
- Excel proficiency, including detailed modeling experience
- Corporate close experience, including experience with General Ledger and reporting systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, to handle or feel, to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.