Our manufacturing and distribution client in Surprise is seeking a Accounting Manage with Manufacturing accounting background, strong Excel, management skills, and a positive attitude. They will manage a staff of 4 in AP (including a AP Sup), 4 in AR, and one internal auditor.
CPA with experience in preparation of financialreports, asset acquisition/depreciation, P&L. Newer CPA's or Accounting graduates with textbook knowledge welcome to apply.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Directly responsible for departmental budget and indirectly responsible for corporate budget of over $100 million.
• Supervises accounting receivables and payable staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
• Compiles all necessary data to create the forecasted and actual monthly financial statements. Supervise staff transactions as they are related to creating data for and entry in to the General Ledger System. Created data includes but is not limited to general expenses, payroll, accruals, commissions, and depreciation. Analyze both corporate and departmental financial performance and report to executive and senior management as well as global headquarters in Japan.
• Maintain and administer all 'Related Party' financial matters. These include loan payment schedules, interest calculation, Accounts Receivable 'from' and Payable 'to' the related party, and communicating to Finance department of global headquarter in Japan.
• Management of Accounts Receivable department, which includes but is not limited to the following functions. Delegate customer accounts between the bookkeepers. Approve all customer receipts for accuracy of allocations.
• Maintains financialsecurity by establishing internal controls.
• Investigate and negotiate large account discrepancies working directly with the management of our customers and vendors. Reconcile accounts with year-end close outs.
• Management of Accounts Payable Department. Authorize all payments and sign for wire transfers and checks ensuring compliance with Company's authorization and approval system.
• Work directly with the external auditing firm for annual auditing and facilitate the timely filings of all federally and states requiredreports including monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual tax returns.
• Develop and review positive cash flow by validating customer receipts and vendor payments. Produce cash flow statements for use in reporting to the parent company along with tracking and predicting cash balances. Plan ahead to comply with a minimum cash balance position and reduce loan balances with related parties.
• Coordinate all requests regarding systems improvement. Prioritize all requests in order of cost savings and improvements to timeliness and accuracy of data. Ensure that all systems created fulfill the needs for internal controls. Approve all system improvements based on a prioritization schedule.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA in Finance or Business Management preferred.
• Skills and ability to directly manage a group of 6 to 8 employees.
• One (1) or more years' experiencepreferred in the following: departmental profit and loss accounting, manufacturing cost analysis, payroll systems and laws, federal and state income, sales, property tax laws, and MS Access based data based programs.
• Leadership and management principles
• Applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes
• Principles, practices and applications of accounting, auditing, budgeting, and finance
• Policy and procedure development practices
• Program/project management principles and techniques
• Numerical, analytical, and technical skills
• Using computers and related software applications including Excel, Access databases, Sage, Navision etc.
• Prioritize and assign work
• Prepare reports
• Interpret and apply federal, state and local laws and regulations
• Interpret and implement authoritative pronouncements dealing with accounting principles
• Prepare and give presentations
• Coordinate and execute multiple tasks within established deadlines
• Analyze complex financial information
• Manage change and sensitive topics
• Recognize problems, identify alternative solutions, and make recommendations
• Monitor and evaluate employees
• Develop, evaluate, recommend and implement processes and procedures
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction