At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Manager of Finance and Fund Management within PNC's Tax Credit Solutions organization, you will be based in Portland, OR. Louisville, KY and Pittsburgh, PA may be considered.
Manages the finance and fund modeling functions for both LIHTC and preservation syndicated investment funds. Supervises the preparation of financial statements, fund modeling and benefit reporting. Also oversees the annual tax and audit process for the LIHTC and preservation investment funds and investments in the direct portfolio. Manages a team of 10 – 11 people.
- Oversee preparation of the quarterly fund financial statements for roughly 70 investment funds and syndication entities. Ensures accuracy and timely preparation of the reports.
- Oversee preparation of upper tier benefit schedules for investment funds.
- Oversee the annual tax and audit process.
- Establishes best practices and administrative procedures and ensures that staff is adhering to existing procedures.
- Effectively plans, organizes and directs staff and procedures.
- Oversees quality control of the work product within the group.
- Supports other departments within Tax Credit Solutions.
- Motivates and develops staff, which includes acquiring top talent and managing performance based issues.
OR - Portland
OR027 - PNC MF - Portland
- Provides leadership and overall management expertise for all aspects of accounting activities, including related production processes, financial analysis, internal and external reporting, and related compliance and administrative requirements. Generally manages a team supporting one or more business sub-segments or functions; manages a complex business sub-segment or function; or supports a broad set of work products. Typically serves as a manager of individual contributors and may serve as a manager of managers.
- Ensures the accounting policies, operating procedures and practices of the company are followed. Works closely with internal auditors, external accountants, banking regulators and PNC service partners to ensure practices are in line with PNC's mission and goals. Serves as a senior expert for the team.
- Oversees and evaluates the activities of the professional and administrative staff, and supports recruiting, coaching and developing a talent pipeline. Manages the analysis and resolution of routine accounting issues, and ensures that the accounting and reporting for complex transactions is proper.
- Leads the preparation of reports and oversees production processes that summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings, based on past, present and expected operations. Identifies and/or manages opportunities for process improvements.
- Leads the production of accurate and timely financialreports, for internal and external use, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory guidance, and in compliance with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Accounting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of accounting methods, processes, and tools; ability to use these to maintain and prepare financial statements and reports.
Budgeting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of organization's budget process and ability to apply policies and practices for planning and administering a budget.
Effective Communications - Subject Matter Expertise
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Internal Controls - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of concept, methods, and processes of internal control; ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and ability to implement business processesrequired to ensure compliance with its tenets.
CPA certification preferred
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Total Hours Per Week
HR Job Code
102259 Accounting Mgr Sr
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law