Squarespace is seeking an experienced accountant to manage our accounting operations. This is a critical role that will assist in scaling our processes in a growing environment. You will be responsible for identifying areas of improvement but also taking the initiative to establish and implement those changes.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports into our Corporate Controller.
- Manage, develop, and oversee a team of accounting professionals
- Execute day-to-day accounting activities of the company including monthly close, accounts receivable, expenses, allocations and more
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate the close and reporting timelines; automate manual procedures and computations.
- Own the audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and coordination with the external audit team.
- Develop key accounting processes to support a rapidly growing company in order to support the delivery of financial insights to drive informed executive decisions
- Assist in the formation of internal controls and policies
- Prepare consolidated monthly financials
- Develop a detailed understanding of business processes and connect them with financial results
- 10+ years of working experience within a large public accounting firm and industry experience (CPA required). Experience at a public company and/or with a saas based company a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting theory
- Experience with general ledger accounting, financial reporting, SOX compliance and consolidations.
- Experience managing a small team, including providing coaching and development feedback
- Demonstrated experience with large cloud ERP systems