SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Financial Management & Accounting Services (FMAS) team in Chesterfield, Missouri.
Our FMAS unit provides client organizations with substantial experience, resources and proven practices in non-profit financial management, including not only a comprehensive set of accounting services, but also decision-support tools and guidance.
What You Will Do:
- Lead 1-2 accounting team members, perform staff reviews, train and develop and mentor staff accountants
- Plan and manage overall accounting activities including daily, monthly and annual accounting activity
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements; provide recommendations on improving financial operations to the Director of Finance
- Manage and coordinate fixed asset tracking with operations staff
- Provide interim financialreporting for direct managed projects, Board funded programs and project tracking reports
- Perform primary contractor semi-monthly billing review and Director/Staff expense reimbursement review
- Maintain client compliance with current government and legal regulations
- Work with Financial Audit Committee to schedule meetings and record notes
- Manage and supervise the annual audit process; assist Director of Finance with annual audit review
- Manage client relationship with key vendors (e.g. tax providers, auditors, banks, etc.)
- Assist in the annual budget process; develop assumptions used as a basis for budget development, summarize the budget in relation to the client’s Strategic Plan and prepare periodic forecasts when necessary
- Review/monitor appropriate internal controls and monitor compliance for cash receipts, AP, AR, investments, competitive bids and purchase orders
- Aid in the development and periodic review of an investment policy; analyze performance in relation to investment benchmarks and aid in the development of an operating reserve policy to provide funding for future client program initiatives
- Work with the Director of Finance to analyze and estimate the financial impact of Board initiatives when applicable
- Provide financial management support for various committees and the Board
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have a proven analytical ability with results orientation
- You demonstrate relationship management skills
- You possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to travel up to 5% annually and work overtime as needed (around monthly financials, client year-end and audits)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution with a concentration in Accounting
- 7-10 years of progressive accounting experience, to include 1-2 years of people management experience
- Not-for-profit accounting and/or public accounting experience
- CPA is preferred
- Proficiency with accounting ERP computer software, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace.
By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path.
In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership.
As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.