Directly supervises employees in the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university;
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent and math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Effective supervisory skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software.