The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring that GL activities are timely reported and accurately presented under US GAAP. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in general accounting and a strong analytical and problem solving ability including the ability to research transactions.
Plan, coordinate and work with employees in various levels and functions of the company, maintain data integrity in financial systems, maintain strong internal controls and engage in continuous process improvements and automation.
This role will be based in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and the proper presentation on the financial statements
- Effectively align with appropriate departments and third party partners to provide end-to-end support of partner/reseller arrangements
- Partner with AR regarding cash and receivables; ensuring proper coding and invoicing as it relates to the general ledger
- Maintains and improves SOX compliance for accounting functions and participates in SOX documentation and testing
- Responsible for month end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis in a timely manner
- Provide subject matter expertise for GL accounting team in supporting projects and facilitating internal and external financialreporting processes
- Identifies and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred, but not required
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Public Accounting + Private industry experiencepreferred, but not required
- Experience working for a large, global company is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and related experience with accounting research and application
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proactive and independent
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Desire to thrive in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
Job ID R005063