Responsible for supervising the daily activities of the revenue recognition and reporting function. Analyzes daily sales data, identifies and resolves sales exceptions. Ensures completeness of posting sales to the General Ledger and related reconciliation systems (bank deposits, credit cards, A/R, etc.). Consults with other accounting teams (Cash, General Accounting, A/R, and Inventory) to resolve reconciliation issues. Interacts with IT department regarding production issues, test scenarios, and system modifications to ensure accurate and timely processing of sales data. Leads the division's technical accounting research and related accounting application.
- Supervises activities of staff engaged in the accurate, efficient, and timely auditing and reporting of sales data
- Lead the division's technical accounting research and related accounting application, as well as accounting policy development
- Partner with operational and financial leaders to bring business context to accounting judgments and socialize accounting implications
- Manage the resolution of technical accounting matters with the external auditor
- Write policies and procedures.
- Hires and trains new employees.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests/queries.
- Create analytical schedules supporting various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Assist with month and year-end close process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; Master's degree in Accounting preferred
- 7-10 years of accounting experiencerequired, with some experience in a retail or multi-unit environment preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a lead/supervisory role
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required
- Public accounting experiencerequired (3-5 years)
- Excellent analytical and technical skills including proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Intermediate knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and Microsoft Office Products
- JDA, Lawson or AS400 query experience a plus
- Demonstrated career progression and job stability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills