Unisys is a global information technology company that builds high performance, security-centric solutions for the most digitally demanding businesses and governments on Earth. Unisys offerings include security software and services; digital transformation and workplace services; industry applications and services; and innovative software operating environments for high-intensity enterprise computing. We build better outcomes securely for our clients across the Government, Financial Services, and Commercial markets. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
Location: Blue Bell PA
Summary: The Manager of Revenue Recognition, Accounting Research & Policy, will manage within the Revenue Recognition Center of Excellence as a technical accounting subject matter expert with respect to the company's revenue recognition and generally accepted accounting policies. This position will have responsibility for managing the processes and internal controls associated with the identification, documentation, communication and implementation of proposed and new accounting standards. This role is a key forward facing role in the organization. Core Responsibilities:
- Manage contracts to ensure compliance with ASC 606, and other revenue recognition rules as they apply to the business.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and identify opportunities to enhance existing procedures to improve measurement and control of revenue recognition.
- Support the Business in contract reviews that meet required thresholds for proper revenue recognition.
- Support and provide training to all staff involved in the application of the revenue recognition rules.
- Work with the external auditors on revenue recognition application and testing.
- Review documents and identify the accounting issues
- Propose solutions or alternatives in resolving issues
- Consult with business units and external auditors on technical accounting matters and the application and development of accounting policies
- Document and communicate the accounting for the transactions (both technical and operational accounting considerations)
- Assist in the preparation of financial reporting disclosures (MD&A and Footnotes) for completed transactions
- Proactively identify/research proposed new accounting standards and guidance (i.e. FASB, EITF, SEC and PCAOB guidance)
- Monitor standard setters activities including minutes of meetings, planned agendas and project plans
- Develop interpretations and communications related to new accounting standards and guidance
- Develop and maintain a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for continue revenue recognition training and support
- Lead or partner with corporate groups or business units in the implementation of new standards
- Liaise with outside auditors on new standards
- Present and train our management and staff on new standards
- Develop responses to standard setters' exposure drafts and other proposals
- Assist in the periodic audit of key operational processes.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance to GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley for all accounting functions and financial reporting.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Staff and Senior level member of the Corporate COE.
- Other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Educations, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred.
- Experience in the computer software/information technology industry is preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in accounting/finance; 5+ years of Big 4 external audit experience, 1 to 3 years of supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area of a public company.
- Thorough US GAAP accounting and financial reporting knowledge, understanding of corporate financial processes, and demonstrated experience with implementing/enhancing internal controls over financial reporting.
- Thorough understanding of technology related Revenue Recognition guidance
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management systems is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to identify & resolve accounting issues. Detail-oriented. Critical thinker. Problem solver.
- Demonstrated success supporting progressive organizational change and development.
- Significant experience completing projects requiring individual initiative, flexibility and tight timeframes with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, energetic, and self-motivated. Highest standards of ethics, accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and in a collaborative environment