Do you want to take part in T-Mobile's latest innovations and join a world class team? Are you passionate about problem solving and collaborating in a dynamic environment? Are you with us?
Revenue Recognition Accounting Manager
The Revenue Recognition Accounting Manager is a leadership position within the Corporate Controller's organization, responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring financial accounting processes and controls related bundled product offerings in accordance with financial accounting principles. This is a highly visible and impactful individual contributor role, reporting to the Senior Manager, Revenue Recognition. This position will collaborate across the enterprise, including commercial, project management, technology, tax, accounting policy and accounting operational teams, and is responsible for the accounting operationalization of allocations related to customer bundled service plans.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in financial accounting, accounting systems, tax accounting, process and control frameworks with strong problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will represent the Accounting organization on a cross functional committee (Bundle Valuation Committee or BVC) in the allocation assessment of customer bundled service plans and is responsible for the BVC regular and ad hoc review meetings. The candidate should feel confident analyzing relevant financial accounting considerations associated with bundled products, recommending appropriate treatment, collaborating with key business stakeholders and driving for appropriate conclusions.
Verbal and written communication skills are critical. Negotiation skills are required to balance the needs of all relevant stakeholders. Requires competencies in customer focus, change and innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
What you'll do in your role.
- Lead accounting participation in accounting for bundled product offerings and relevant processes and controls.
- Identify accounting topics that have bundle valuation implications and propose the proper accounting treatment to ensure consistent application of T-Mobile accounting policies (both US GAAP and IFRS, as applicable).
- Prepare materials for review with the Bundle Valuation Committee and applicable senior leadership from cross functional teams.
- Develop and/or contribute to the development of models for allocating revenue for bundled product offerings.
- Lead operationalization of the allocations to ensure best practices for processes and controls including SOX, as applicable.
- Maintain the repository of the documentation, ensuring completeness under T-Mobile retention policy and SOX framework.
- Additionally, this role will participate in the operational close process, team wide initiatives, and process improvements as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to, developing and maintaining relevant process documentation and SOX controls and reporting of financial results.
The experience you'll bring.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience with 3 years of public accounting.
- Experience in either financial accounting and tax accounting is required. Experience in both is preferable.
- Wireless or retail industry experience preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing scalable accounting solutions and/or process automation.
- Possess strong understanding of application of revenue accounting standard; similar IFRS skills a plus.
- Proven ability to make sound, fact-based decisions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple tasks at the same time while meeting set deadlines for deliverables.
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Understanding of large-scale data mining and project reporting tools (SQL, Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus