What You Will Do:
You will be responsible for the effective management and integrity of accounting data in a specific accounting unit.
What You Will Learn: You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of reinventing how we meet our customer needs. You will learn what it means to work for a company that focuses on the Employee Experience and how this enables us to engage, retain and develop our employees,
What Success Looks Like:
- May effectively manage staff to achieve performance standards, develop and motivate staff to achieve effectiveness; mentors, trains and shares high level knowledge. Ensures staff demonstrates appropriate customer service attitudes.
- Ensures the accounting information/system(s) of the area is maintained, credible and explainable.
- Directs/reviews preparation of applicable financial statements/reports.
- Prepares written analyses of issues to enhance the understanding of senior management.
- Works effectively with other departments/divisions to ensure business issues are resolved for the success of the company.
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of technical accounting concepts for multiple bases of accounting.
- Responsible for the adhering to the Company's framework of internal controls. Completes performance appraisals and evaluates overall performance of team. Makes decisions on interviewing and selection of new employees. Sets goals and objectives for individuals and work groups. Motivates, mentors and coaches individuals, fostering a team environment.
- Manages a department or a functional area of importance. Implements operating procedures in conformance with annual budget. Has latitude to determine how to achieve objectives within budget. Typically does not perform the duties of individual contributors in the department. Often interacts with Divisional Leadership or Senior Management.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Minimum of 8 years previous experience, with degree.
- Demonstrated management experience.