Publishers Clearing House (PCH), headquartered in Jericho, NY is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. This position is responsible for high-level monthly financial statement close and related reporting procedures, review and preparation of monthly financial statements, as well as review of monthly sales tax returns and bank reconciliations. In addition, this position is expected to co-own the execution of the annual external audit with the Director and contribute significantly to supporting the business through various financial analyses including broader Internal Audit projects.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete higher-level monthly closing procedures including responsibility for inventory accounting and complex accrual analyses include paid media, consulting, fulfillment, and shipping and handling; Partner with other departments in adherence to financial close deadlines and other related ad hoc financial analysis
- Review monthly closing procedures performed by Accounting staff to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP as well as staff comprehension of same
- Coordinate compliance with various aspects of tax reporting (sales, and escheat property returns)
- Coordinate various elements of the annual audit with the external auditors
- Prepare certain monthly financial metric reporting memos
- Review various general ledger account analyses, sales tax returns, and bank reconciliations
- Manage and aid the development of Accounting staff
- Assist with review of the monthly financial statements and prepare internal finance review materials
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and/or participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5-7 years of Accounting experience required
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Technical accounting expertise
- Experience in G/L, month-end closing, and financial reporting preferred
- Experience with the annual audit and tax return preparation process
- Flexible and creative in terms of problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Highly detail oriented and organized
Publishers Clearing House (PCH), headquartered in Jericho, NY, and with offices in NYC, Portland (ME) and Boston, is a leading direct-to-consumer company offering a broad range of products, digital entertainment services to consumers as well as customized solutions for advertisers. Our continued success in today’s new digital publishing environment is built on PCH’s unique, free-to-play, chance-to-win value proposition, which enables individually personalized offers based on the trusted first-party relationship we maintain with millions of consumers and is fueled by the excitement of the Publishers Clearing House brand.
Join our winning team and apply today!
This is a Long Island, NY based position. Candidates must reside in the tri-state area.
PCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer