About the position
PGIM Agricultural Investments (PAI) is a business within PGIM Real Estate Finance, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Prudential Financial, Inc. With a 100-year history in the agricultural space, Prudential's agriculture business provides lending and management of real estate investments (equity) in the agricultural sector throughout the United States. PAI currently manages $4.3 billion of agricultural mortgages and nearly $1 billion of real estate in its equity business. Capital Agricultural Property Services, Inc. (CAPS) is part of PAI's Equity business, which provides property management services.
CAPS is seeking a highly motivated and seasoned professional to join the Fresno, CA office as an Associate Accounting Manager. This position will report directly to PAI Equity's Director of Finance.
Position responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Managing 3-5 person accounting team located in Fresno. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, setting individual and team objectives, developing staff, managing performance and handling all personnel related matters.
- Oversee all accounting activities for PAI Equity's Western Region portfolio which stands at over $325 million and is poised for growth.
- Provide financial, budgetary, and management reports timely and accurately.
- Participate in discussions with the asset and farm management team on investment strategy and performance.
- Lead and oversee all property accounting processes including: invoices, incoming checks, source documents related to crop sales, capital expenditures, leases, etc.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual accruals for expenses and revenues for all farm properties.
- Responsible for lease files, marketing agreements, management agreements, and certificates of insurance. Ensure all are current and invoiced timely.
- Lead special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) with 5-10 years related experience.
- Advanced degree and/or CPApreferred.
- Agricultural real estate experience with broad knowledge of the overall agricultural industry strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP, accounting and operations controls applicable in the real estate industry environment.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years managerial experience.
- Strong leadership ability with demonstrated capability to manage, mentor and develop team members required.
- Strong Excel and general ledger skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which include presentation preparation, facilitation skills, and the ability to effectively deliver information to all skill levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Light travelrequired (5%-10%).