Eaton’s Engineering Service and Systems division has an opening for an Accounting Manager. This position will be based out of our Raleigh, NC office.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of filed services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
Today’s new construction and modernization projects can be complicated—with many vendors to manage, deadlines to meet and details to oversee. Often, projects extend past planned time frames and budgets because of the difficulties in maintaining control of the operations. With the expense and coordination that goes along with large-scale projects, it makes sense to have a dedicated, experienced project management team to ensure the project is managed properly to meet deadlines and budget requirements.
The Accounting Manager position will support Eaton’s dedicated project management team in exceeding our customer’s high expectations by providing financial support to the entire Project Operations business, allowing it to provide superior services that are unmatched in the industry.
- Support the controller, business unit management and division controller in all financial and operational aspects of the business.
- Coordinate financial reporting and accounting within the business unit and division.
- Own the Project Operations revenue recognition process. Ensure accuracy of revenue recognition in compliance with US GAAP.
- Coordinate plans, objectives and commitments within finance and business unit / functions.
- Manage key monthly financial processes to include month-end closing and forecasting.
- Oversee the accuracy, correctness, and timeliness of financial transactions affecting the general ledger accounting system (Oracle).
- Prepare and interpret various monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for business unit management, division, corporate and government purposes.
- Responsible for balance sheet integrity – ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed and proper reviews occur.
- Manage one financial analyst direct report
- Coordinate, interpret and respond to ad hoc financial requests within division.
- Promote good financial stewardship by helping control costs, driving forecast accuracy, driving balance sheet integrity and ensuring proper controls are in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance role
- Financial planning, forecasting and reporting experience and/or audit, controls and compliance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- MBA from an accredited institution
- Prior experience with Revenue Recognition
- Passion for business and ability to drive change
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership ability and coaching skills
- High-level of enthusiasm with “can-do” attitude
- In-depth knowledge of contract / project cost accounting in a project costing environment
- Knowledge of government accounting practices
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 046733